Long story short.
Long story short.
5 minutes to the beach
15 minutes to Santa Barbara
90 minutes to Los Angeles
- Total students: 270 (220 boarders / 50 day)
- Boarding students from outside California: 51%
- Boarding students from abroad: 16%
- Students of color: 42%
- Students who receive need-based financial aid: 30%
- Financial aid allocated for 2016-17: $3,400,000
- 19 foreign nations represented in student body 2016-17 (by home address): Afghanistan, Armenia, Brazil, China, Croatia, Ghana, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan. Thailand, United Kingdom, and Vietnam
- 30 states represented in student body (by home address): Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming
- Inquiries received yearly for admission: 2,000
- Interviews conducted yearly for admission: 600
- Applications submitted yearly for admission: 700
- New students enrolled yearly: 75-80
- General median SSAT total percentile of new students: 85th
Cate School admits students of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship, athletic and other school-administered programs.